Ufficio Zero Linux is an open source operating system created by SIITE SRLS, that has acquired the historical domain and makes available virtual servers to host web services, mail services, repositories and sharing services for the development team.
The project is aimed to professionals, freelancers, private and public entities who want to use a free, useful and easy-to-understand tool.
Ufficio Zero Linux is currently supplied in five versions:
- Ufficio Zero Linux codename Bergamo 3.0 for PC with 64bit processors, based on PCLinuxOS and with Mate desktop manager
- Ufficio Zero Linux codename Tropea 3.0 for PC with 64bit processors, based on Linux Mint 20 and with Mate desktop manager
- Ufficio Zero Linux codename Roma 2.0.2 for PC with 32bit processors, based on Devuan 3 Beowulf and with Xfce desktop manager
- Ufficio Zero Linux codename Mantova 2.0.1 for PC with 64bit processors, based on PCLinuxOS and with Mate desktop manager
- Ufficio Zero Linux codename Vieste 2.0.2 for PC with 64bit processors, based on Linux Mint 19.3 and with Mate desktop manager
Which version to choose?
If you have a PC or netbook with 32bit processor, the version to be used is Roma, otherwise if you have a PC or laptop / notebook with a 64bit processor you can use Bergamo, Tropea, Mantova or Vieste.
What are the differences between the Bergamo/Mantova and Tropea/Vieste versions?
The differences are manifold but both systems are equipped with a worthy fleet of software and are therefore both ready for use. Just install the operating system to enjoy every pre-installed application.
Bergamo and Mantova versions use apt as a basic installer for the applications and have the synaptic package manager, however the packages used are in .rpm format, the system is a rolling release, so once installed it is possible to have infinite system updates except in the case there are substantial changes with the next release. Both are recommended for users who are somewhat familiar with linux.
Tropea and Vieste versions use apt as a basic application installer, but also synaptic and a visual application manager to choose other extra applications to install. Are based on Linux Mint so hardware recognition and configurations can be done with greater flexibility, therefore it is recommended for beginners or those who want to switch from proprietary systems to ours.
Theese five versions are out of the box, so after system installation you will have a system ready for use with applications already pre-installed and othhers taht can be installed with post-installer or tasks.